Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"I feel too much. That's what's going on.' 'Do you think one can feel too much? Or just feel in the wrong ways?' 'My insides don't match up with my outsides.' 'Do anyone's insides and outsides match up?' 'I don't know. I'm only me.' 'Maybe that's what a person's personality is: the difference between the inside and outside.' 'But it's worse for me.' 'I wonder if everyone thinks it's worse for him.' 'Probably. But it really is worse for me."

 
— Jonathan Safran Foer (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)


It was one of the best books I've ever read.

5 comments:

Lilah said...

it sounds like such an incredible book
I've been meaning to read it for a while now
this only strengthens that desire

Sandglass said...

I make a note of it. I hope the book is translated into Spanish :'')
Thanks, I need interesting books to add to my list ~

starbrained said...

I agree with this statement. I loved this book.

Melee said...

Oh, so you have read it! :)
*sigh* I do love this book so.

P.s. I am Me. said...

Lilah: I would definitely suggest you read it, it's amazing.
Roulette: No problem, I hope it is too :)
Some Girl and Melee: I'm glad you guys loved it :)